Professor, English, School of Humanities
Office: BR 215
Telephone: 519-432-8353 ext 28032
- Combined Honours B.A. in English and French at the University of Toronto and the Université de Provence
- M.A., English, Western University
- Ph.D., English, Western University
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Creative Writing
- P.B. Shelley
- William Blake
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- English Romanticism
- Contemporary Canadian Poetry
- Revelation in Literature
- Romantic Rebels
- Creative Writing
- General Literature and Composition
- Keats and Shelley
- Blake and Shelley: Visionary Poetics
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century British Literature
- Nineteenth-Century British Literature
- The Prophetic in Literature
- The Family in Literature
- Women and Literature: Romantic Women Novelists
- Women and Literature: Victorian Women Novelists
- Women and Literature: Repressions and Representations of the Maternal
- Postmodern Canadian Literature
- Introduction to English Literature
- The Major Forms of Oral Discourse
- Poetry and Prosody
- Utopian Literature
- Canadian literature
- “Shelley’s Spiritual Atheism” The Criterion: An International Journal in English. Vol. 3, Issue, 3, Sept, 2012: (1–13).
- “Creativity As Deviance Within the Academy” in Atrium: A Journal of Academic Voices. Spring, 2012: 1–14.
- “Prometheus Unbound Percy Bysshe Shelley (1820)” in Encyclopedia of Literary Romanticism. Ed. Andrew Maunder. New York, Facts on File: 2010: (355–356).
- “Queen Mab: A Philosophical Poem Percy Bysshe Shelley (1813)” in Encyclopedia of Literary Romanticism. Ed. Andrew Maunder. New York, Facts on File: 2010: (358–360).
- “Rousseau, Jean-Jacques (1712–1778)” in Encyclopedia of Literary Romanticism. Ed. Andrew Maunder. New York, Facts on File: 2010: (379-382).
- Book: gravity loves the body poems by monika lee. South Western Ontario Poetry Press, 2008.
- “‘A Humble Translation of Eons into Words’: Susan Ioannou’s Penetration of Earth’s Layers in Looking Through Stone: Poems about the Earth”, vallum: contemporary poetry. Vol. 7. No. 1. Fall/Winter, 2010: (64–69).
- “A Mother Outlaw Vindicated: Social Critique in Anne Brontë’s The Tenant of Wildfell Hall” in Nineteenth-Century Gender Studies. Winter, 2008.
- Chapbook: slender threads London: HMS press and the Canadian Poetry Association, 2004.
- Book: Rousseau’s Impact on Shelley: Figuring the Written Self, Romantic Reassessment, Vol. 154, Salzburg Studies in Literature, 1999.
- Dozens of poems in literary journals, including Canadian Literature, The Dalhousie Review, The Antigonish Review, The Fiddlehead, Event, A Room of One’s Own, Atlantis, vallum: contemporary poetry, Qwerty, The Nashwaak Review, Scrivener Creative Review, Feminist Studies, Prairie Journal, and Ottawa Arts Review.
- Brescia Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2013
- Recipient of an Ontario Arts Council Grant for Poetry in 2010.