MSc Foods & Nutrition FAQ

Food Science LabCampus Recreation

Are recreation programs available at Western to MScFN students?

Yes, please visit The School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies page for more information on Campus Recreation at Western.

Course Assistantships

Are Course Assistant positions available through the MScFN program?

Yes, the MScFN program provides Course Assistant positions to MScFN students in their 1st year of the program. Course Assistant applications are given to students during the orientation in September.

Health and Wellness

Can MScFN students access Student Health Services on Western’s campus?

Yes, Student Health Services at Western is available to MScFN students. Please see their website for more information on the services provided:

Student Health Services


Where can I find more information about housing options both on and off campus?

We recommend you visit the following websites for more information on housing options in London.


Where can I find more information on London?

We recommend visiting both the City of London website and Tourism London for more information on the city.

Map of Campus

Where can I find a map of campus?

A map of Brescia (and its buildings) can be found on the Brescia website:

Brescia Campus Map

A map of Western University (and its buildings) can be found on the Western website at

Western Campus map

Parking and Transit

Where can I find more information on parking and transit services available to Western students?

A London transit pass is included in the cost of tuition fees. Bus passes are distributed by the Society of Graduate Students at Western.

Yearly parking passes for Brescia University College can be purchased through the Business Office in the St. James building. They sell out quickly and should be purchased in the summer. Weekly and daily parking passes are also available.

Email: Tel: 519-432-8353 x28308

Research Support

Is research funding available to MScFN students?

Yes, subject to budgetary approval every MScFN student receives some money in their first and second year of the program to support their research. The money can be used for research related expenses including presenting the research at conferences.

Scholarships and Funding

Where can I find information on scholarships/bursaries and funding opportunities available to MScFN students?

Scholarships are available to MScFN students through Brescia. Please visit the following page to find more information on the scholarships and bursaries available to MScFN students and also the application process:

MScFN students should also visit The School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website for information on External Scholarships. Many of our students have been successful in their applications to OGS and OGSST.

The MScFN program receives information on outside scholarships from time to time. The following links may provide MScFN students with additional funding opportunities:

Funding Opportunities for Registered Dietitians:

Tuition Fees and Receipts

(note: in addition to tuition based fees, interns will be responsible for fees associated with internship including but not limited to lodging, travel expenses, DC membership and insurances, immunizations, police checks, additional training and workshops)

Where can I find the MScFN Tuition fees?

MScFN Tuition fees can be found on Western University’s, The Office of the Registrars website at:

The fee schedule is organized by term.  You need to select “Graduate Canadian” for local students or “Graduate International” for International students.

Our tuition rates are in the second chart.  Look for “foods and nutrition” to be listed above the tuition chart.

The tuition fees are set by the Board of Governors of Western University and are subject to change every year.

Where can I find my Tuition Balance?

Tuition invoices are not issued to students.  Students can view and print their tuition balance through logging into Student Center (link: Once you have logged into student center, click on Finances and then Detailed Statement of Account.

Students can also contact the Office of the Registrar at Western to inquire about their tuition balance or ask any questions they may have.  Their helpline number is: 519-661-2100.  Their website is:

Where do I find my Tuition Tax Receipt Forms – T2202A?

Western University generates electronic copies of all T2202A forms which you can print.  For more information please contact the Office of the Registrar at Western (link:  The forms can be found on the T2202A page (link:

Need More Information?

Contact Us