Please consult with the Internship Coordinator to plan your Internship placements.
Please check with the Internship Coordinator to receive research evaluation materials. Arrange regular meetings with your Research Supervisor to ensure you are on track with your research project. Each student will be working on different research projects and will be at different stages of the research at any time, thus, do not compare your progress for your own research project to those of other students in the program.
All Internship Stream students need to be cleared by Western Health Services for thie health requirements. Please visit this website to make your appointment with Western Health Services. Remember to bring original copies, as well as 1 set of photocopies of all your supporting documentation with you to your appointment.
You will be need to complete the following requirements:
- Criminal Reference Check (working with vulnerable persons) completed within 12 months of any placement
- Dietitians of Canada – Accident Insurance (Contact 416-642-9371 or firstname.lastname@example.org or to purchase) – Coverage: May-April (entire Internship)
- Dietitians of Canada membership (covering entire internship duration)
- Dietitians of Canada –Liability Insurance (purchased at same time as membership) – covering entire internship duration
- 2 step TB test completed within 12 months of any placement
- Influenza vaccine (in 1st and 2nd year of program)
- Immunity testing for: Varicella, Hepatitis B and MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) – if not immune, request vaccination
- Immunizations up to date (list provided to students)
- Mask-fit testing (covering the entire internship period) – expires every 2 years
- OHIP (Proof of OHIP – photocopy OHIP card)
- Resume- submit current version to Internship Coordinator
*Please note, that all students are also required to submit proof of the documentation to the Graduate Program Coordinator for your file.