Application Period for September 2016 start date:
November 2, 2015 – January 29, 2016 NOW CLOSED Applications are no longer being accepted.
International Applicants – November 2, 2015 – April 29, 2016 NOW CLOSED Applications are no longer being accepted.
Domestic Applicants – November 2, 2015 – June 30, 2016
Submit an online application through the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: www.grad.uwo.ca/prospective_students/applying/
Please ensure you make note of the components of the application before starting the application. Components are completed as part of the online application and directions will be included throughout the application process.
Items completed through online application:
- TWO REFERENCES from referees who have direct knowledge of the students academic and/or employment/volunteer performance. You will be prompted to submit the contact information for the references as part of the online application process. It is recommended that applicants provide one academic and one work/volunteer related reference. ** Please note that the reference request forms are not sent to referees until the online application has been received by Western. It is in your best interest to ensure you complete your portion of the application allowing sufficient time for your referees to submit their reference letter before the application deadline.
- Supply TRANSCRIPTS for all post-secondary institutions you have attended.
- Please note: Fall term grades are used to calculate your average. If you are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution- you will need to order your transcripts directly from your university once your fall term grades have been uploaded to your transcript and upload them directly to your online MScFN application in time to meet the above application deadlines.
- RESUME, maximum 2 pages (including volunteer/employment history) + cover letter which describes your future career goals in dietetics, which research topics are of interest to you, and your commitment to undertake the Masters of Science in Foods and Nutrition program.
- SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS: Please ensure you upload the completed Supplemental Questions document to the Supplemental Documents area of the online application (you will be prompted to do this as part of the online application). The Supplemental Questions document is below. Please ensure you choose the correct document for your application stream (MScFN Thesis or MScFN Internship Stream).
Interviews will be scheduled for MScFN Internship stream applicants in February 2016. Notification of acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Internship stream applicants by the end of March 2016.
Notification of acceptance will be made to successful MScFN Thesis stream applicants by the end of July 2016.