The Master of Science in Food and Nutrition (Internship Stream) is a full-time graduate program for 5 terms (just under 2 years) which is accredited by Dietitians of Canada.
You must meet the admissions criteria of Western University’s, School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition (Honors Specialization or an equivalent honors degree from a Canadian university), accredited by Dietitians of Canada (official original transcript needed)
- 1.0 FCE (full course equivalent) undergraduate course in research methodology and statistics
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 78 per cent on the last 10 FCE credits
- Relevant work and volunteer experience (resume needed)
- Demonstrated English language proficiency if English is not your first language
- A drivers licence and access to a vehicle for the internship portion of the program is also a requirement
* Please note: Applicants to the MScFN (Internship Stream) must have an honors BSc in Foods and Nutrition from a program which is accredited by Dietitians of Canada. For a complete list of accredited undergraduate Foods and Nutrition programs, please see the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice website.
Internationally trained Registered Dietitians: Please see the Internationally Trained Applicants section for information and instructions.
If you graduated from a Canadian DC accredited Foods and Nutrition/Dietetics program more than 3 years ago: You will need to undergo an assessment of your credentials which will provide you with a list of any courses that need to be upgraded prior to applying to the MScFN Internship Stream or other post degree internship programs. This assessment should be done by the school to which you plan to apply. If applying to Brescia University College, this assessment will be done by the Program Chair, School of Foods and Nutritional Sciences. An appointment with the Chair is required for consultation.