As a Brescia student you have the best of both worlds. You not only have access to all of the services exclusively available to you at Brescia, you also have access to all of the services available at Western University. Student Health Services at Western University equipped with professional staff including nurses, physicians, counselors, and research assistants provide extensive treatment and assistance to all Western University students.
The following is a list of the services available:
- Medical Care and Treatment
- Counseling and Psychiatry: Some typical issues people come to counseling for include stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, sexual difficulties, and a variety of family or relationship problems.
- Birth Control Information: Birth Control Information sessions are offered to patients receiving, or interested in receiving, a prescription for birth control from Student Health Services.
- Allergy Injections and Immunization: If you receive injections for allergies or for vitamin deficiencies, you can receive these injections at Student Health! Also, if you require an immunization injection, you can book an appointment to receive your shot with SHS.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing: SHS physicians can screen for all common sexually transmitted infections
- Laboratory Services: Western’s Health Services work in collaboration with the on-site Life Labs specimen collection facility, ensuring fast, accurate results.
- Physiotherapy: Health Services offers on-site physiotherapy through the Canadian Back Institute.
- Massage Therapy
To book an appointment or for more information please visit the Student Health Services webpage by clicking here