New this fall, Brescia has launched a “one stop shop” for all student services. Called “The Hive”, students will use this centre as their first stop for any academic, financial or programming questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I book an appointment with an Academic Advisor?
Answer: Students contact The Hive to book appointments with Academic, Career or Financial Aid Advisors. The Hive staff are trained to answer the basic level of questions in all areas related to academics, registration, fees and programming. Call or drop by to speak with a Hive staff to determine if you need an appointment or if we can help you! Tel: 519-858-5151 or visit The Hive.

2. I have an appointment with an Academic Advisor, where do I go?
Academic Advisors are located in the lower level of the Mother St. James Memorial Building. If you have a scheduled appointment, please wait for your Advisor in the waiting area on the lower level. If you have to cancel your appointment, call 519-858-5151 or email brescia@uwo.ca.

3. What are your hours of operation?
Answer: Hive staff are available Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm.

4. I used to drop assignments in the Registrar’s Office, where do I go now?
Answer:  We also accept assignments at the Welcome Desk in the front foyer of the Mother St. James Memorial Building (outside of the auditorium) from 8am-4:30pm.

5. I’m a new student, where do I pick up my student card?
Answer: Western ONECards for new students will be available for pickup at the kiosk in the Mercato during Orientation Week (or during the Bridging Program for international students). Students can also pick-up their student cards and bus pass at Hive starting September 8th. To ensure your card is ready for pickup, please upload your photo using the link on Student Centre by August 15th. For more information, see registrar.uwo.ca/general-information/western_onecard.html.

6. I need an official verification letter from the university. Where can I go to get this?
Answer: Official letters of verification for enrollment, graduation, study permits, R.E.S.P.s, etc. can be requested online here.

7. Can OSAP be applied to my second installment of our fee invoice?
Answer: Yes, if you have designated Brescia to receive payment from your OSAP funding. You also need to verify that your second installment of OSAP will cover the fees charged. To calculate this review the fee schedule (to determine the second installment) and login to your OSAP account to verify your assessment. Remember to add residence and meal plan if you are living on-campus.

8.  Academic Accommodation
How can I receive an Academic Accommodation?
Academic Accommodation is provided for evaluations that are worth 10% or more of your final grade. Students can fill out the accommodation form(s) at The Hive. Students are required to bring in a valid piece of documentation to submit with their request. For more information about what types of documentation are accepted please see the chart below.

What if I cannot get documentation?
For extenuating circumstances, Academic Advisors can grant academic accommodations based on compassionate grounds. For more information, please arrange an appointment with your Academic Advisor through The Hive. 

What is the process for receiving Academic Accommodation?
Students will bring documentation into the Hive where a staff member will have them fill out the Academic Accommodation form(s). An Academic Advisor will receive and process the request. The student will receive an email confirmation from an Academic Advisor. At this time, the student is responsible for arranging the accommodation with their professor.

How do I receive an accommodation for a final exam?
There are various reasons for final exam accommodations including: Personal, Compassionate Grounds, Multiple exams, or Time Conflict. For more information about the types of final exam accommodations please visit Western’s Exam Schedule.

Students are required to bring in valid documentation to The Hive to submit along with their accommodation forms (See Chart). For final exams, students will need to fill out a Special Exam form. Students are responsible for acquiring any signatures needed to complete the form.

What is the process for arranging accommodations with Services for Students with Disabilities?
Students will need to bring their documentation to The Hive and fill out the Academic Accommodation Form as well as the Accommodated Exams Request Form. Students are responsible for ensuring their instructor and academic advisor sign off on the latter form before submitting it to the Services for Students with Disabilities Office. Please note: This process is for accommodations only. Students need to arrange the initial exam/test time with the Services for Students with Disabilities Office. For more information, please visit their website.

Types of Academic Accomodation and Documentation Chart